HR Business Partner
We’re experts in hospitality, catering for workplaces, education, world-famous tourist attractions and venues throughout the UK and Ireland. We’re also proud to be the only catering company in the UK with a Royal Warrant to Her Majesty the Queen.
As an independent hospitality caterer we employ more than 6,200 acroos over 750 locations. If you’re full of positivity, energy, brimming with new ideas and ready to get stuck in, we’d love to hear from you.
Contribute to the development and work towards the implementation and delivery of the People strategy and through that the overall strategy of CH&CO. Assess situations and work to minimise the risk CH&CO is exposed to through employment law infractions. Work in partnership with line managers at all levels across CH&CO to support management of the employee lifecycle. Work towards developing and maintaining a positive people culture that is in line with CH&CO values.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Keep an up to date understanding of employment law and HR best practice and ensure that this is incorporated into business practices.
• Take support and advice from CH&CO’s legal resources, as necessary to protect the business.
• Provide expertise in these areas of responsibility; TUPE, performance management, absence management, redundancies, right to work, disciplinaries and grievances.
• Meet regularly with Operations Managers to understand potential employee relations matters across the business and offer advice to solve problems and prevent escalation.
• Liaise with site line managers and visit schools / sites where necessary to support, advise and solve employee relations cases working towards reasonable, fair and consistent outcomes that support the business.
• Work with the Managing Director and HR & Payroll Project Manager to create the People & Development Strategy and contribute to projects that increase business performance.
• Support and develop the People Advisor and any directly reporting employees.
• Ensure all HR activities meet with and integrate with other support functions e.g. finance, compliance, sales and marketing and follow CH&CO values and brand
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems for monitoring, measuring and reporting necessary aspects of HR metrics using agreed formats and timescales to achieve business outcomes
• To monitor and provide expertise in Safeguarding practices
• Proactively provide TUPE advice to Sales in the pre- tender, and presentation phases of acquiring new business
• Oversee TUPE process
• Work with Operations and mobilisation managers to ensure that TUPE legal obligations are met, consultations are provided and the integration of employees into the business is completed
• Provide support to the HR administration function ensuring that HR audits are followed through
• Compile employee statistics as needed to assist in business in employee management
• Ad hoc administration as required
Learning & Development
• Working on a one to one to coach line managers to train and develop them in handling HR matters effectively
• Contribute to the design and delivery of training courses to inform and develop people managers in all areas of employment law and HR management.
• Measure the effectiveness of such training and check training outcomes and performance improvement achieved
• To develop and drive a recruitment strategy as appropriate to the Education portfolio and in line with the wider recruitment strategy.
• Assist in senior level recruitment and the interview process as required.
• Develop strong relationships with line managers across the business to include Managing Directors, Operations Managers, Company Chefs, School Managers and senior Chefs
• To support the respective MD for Education in developing business critical initiatives
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external HR support functions agreed by the business.
• Work effectively with the People team to achieve business objectives.
• Contribute to the build of the department budget
Health & Safety
• To work in a manner that shows understanding and appreciation of Health and Safety practices
• To report any equipment and/or building fabric faults and any hygiene, health and safety hazard School Managers at each site.
• Take responsibility for personal development, look for opportunities to expand knowledge of HR best practices
• Work towards objectives agreed with the Managing Director to increase performance, business output and personal development.