We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
TERM TIME ONLY
Lead culinary operation in accordance with client requirements, company standards and statutory regulations.
Working alongside the Front of House team, ensuring that students and clients needs are exceeded to the highest standards expected by the company.
• Ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, visual, texture, temperature, freshness and flavour.
• Ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible), seasonal and are from nominated suppliers.
• Ensure that all deliveries are inspected immediately for quality, meet the specification and the quantity matches the order. Adhering to all produce storage guidelines. Any discrepancies are to be reported immediately to the supplier and procurement team.
• Ensure all purchases have a keen focus on sustainability and are environmentally friendly.
• Provide customer and client feedback to further develop CH&Co standards and reflect market changes.
• Ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, clients and customers.
• Maintain effective communication within the department and ensure that the Operation Manager is kept well informed of any problems/queries that may arise.
• Continuously ensure that staff adhere to the agreed standards and portion control to maintain consistency in product and avoid wastage/over production.
• Ensure all employees in your direct reporting line adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance.
• Ensure recruitment, induction, training, performance management, development and discipline of all employees within your direct responsibility.
• Work with all other CH&Co employees to achieve business goals
• Attend company meetings as required
• Establish a committed and motivated team focused on the delivery of the best possible food offers and service delivery in CH&Co
• Conduct briefings with both kitchen and front of house teams.
• Ensure that menu costings and pre- determined recipes are utilised
• Build and develop performance appraisals and reviews for all relevant staff on a regular basis
• Maintain discipline within the site and conduct disciplinary and grievance interviews with all relevant staff and as and when required in consultattion with HR
• Complete all dish/menu costings to menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold. Analyse weekly sales mix and take remedial action to improve performance where necessary.
• Using the costed rota, seek ways to manage and control labour costs in the most effective way to achieve operational success.
• Grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake, spend per head and achievement of gross profit target
• Always look for opportunities to improve the profitability of the department i.e. through controlling wastage and being responsible for the economy of all utilities and resources.
• Accurately complete and log the food stock take on a daily basis.
• Respond to student/client comments brought to your attention either directly or through the Operations Manager or other and to resolve with these efficiently and courteously.
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with students/clients and colleagues