Learning and Development trainer
Are you passionate about working with people, and looking for the next step in your career in Training and Development? Do you have experience delivering training within a large or multi-site organisation and would like to develop your career in a fast paced, FTSE 100 business within a diverse and interesting industry?
If so, we have a brilliant opportunity for a Learning and Development Trainer to join a successful team working for and supporting sitesacross the UK for RA Group. The RA Group is a collection of specialist food and guest services companies, bound together by the shared purpose of delivering exceptional customer experiences. This role would look after the Restaurant Associates and RA Venues part of the business.
At RA we offer a distinctive experience for our clients because of our Associates attention to the smallest detail, our relationships with the most talented consultant chefs and by sharing the very latest trends and ideas and we proudly boast the best chef, service, recipes and suppliers in the industry.
Competitive Salary plus benefits
As our Learning and Development Trainer, you will support the organisation by delivering bespoke courses, workshops and programmes across the UK. This is a busy and diverse role and no two days will be the same! You will be delivering training to create a positive learning environment for all programmes and delegates to ensure key messages are consistently delivered. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate and Deliver workshops within the RA and Compass L&D and Talent portfolio
- Workshops may be part of an annually scheduled training plan or ad hoc requests, requiring a flexible approach to diary management and time travelling and away from home
- Assess individual training needs during workshops to ensure material is delivered at an appropriate level, to maximise delegate understanding and retention
- Ensure health and safety of all delegates for the duration of their training
- Ensure personal delivery style is open, inclusive and respectful of all delegates, whilst being an ambassador for diversity and inclusion
- Act as the first point of contact for internal/external customer queries, escalating where necessary.
- Deliver training content against Company standards and take part in ongoing needs analysis of design and delivery skills to ensure consistency and quality of design and delivery, across the team
- Work with support functions and operations teams to support company or sector training initiatives as required
- Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures as relevant to workshops
- Ensure relevant learning management information systems are kept up-to-date with correct information in a timely manner and produce monthly KPIs
- Assist with project work as and when required
To be right for this opportunity you will already have experience delivering training within a fast paced organisation. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent delivery and facilitation skills.
- Ability to recognise and respond to different learning styles.
- Excellent communication, influencing and networking skills.
- Independent and proactive in your approach.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and liase at all levels.
- Personal confidence and credibility.
- IT literate.
- A self-starter who understands the need to be flexible.
- Resilient and willing to act on feedback.
About the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.