People Operations Manager
The Jockey Club’s East Midlands Region have a fantastic opportunity for a People Operations Manager to ensure a smooth running operation at Nottingham Racecourse and Market Rasen. Both sites are well known in British history for their own individual achievements for example, Nottingham Racecourse is home to the triple dead heat in a race in 2013 whereas Market Rasen is typically known for its winter sports!
The Jockey Club has been at the heart of British racing for more than 260 years. Today the largest commercial group in the sport, The Jockey Club runs the leading racecourse group in the UK by turnover attendances, total prize money contribution to prize money and quality racing. Governed by a Royal Charter, every penny The Jockey Club makes is put back into British racing
- Competitive Salary
- 40 Hour Contract per week
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to 10% off various high street retails including travel
Based at two of the UK’s well known racecourses, you will be responsible for managing a team of permanent and casual staff making sure you achieve and exceed Customer and Client expectations. You will recruit, train, manage and support the team to ensure they are fully trained to meet both client and customer requirements and deadlines.
Applicants must also be willing and able to work weekends and evenings to support Racing, Conference and Events as and when required.
- Excellent communication and rapport building abilities are essential as you will be a hand-on ensure all teams members are fully trained and up to speed.
- Great IT skills
- You will be updating and maintain the internal system, therefore you will have excellent administration skills to ensure all systems are updated on a regular basis.
- Have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn and grow in the role
- An interest in recruitment/training as well as co-ordination of staff
- Possess experience in a fast paced hospitality environment with an interest in recruitment and hospitality
- Be able to prioritise and meet deadlines
About the company
Levy UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Wimbledon and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.