Assistant Finance Manager
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Finance Professional that is looking to enhance their finance career working in a large, established organisation. Foodbuy is Compass's procurement and supply chain arm of the business and we are looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to join our team, working on the Department of Health contract!
Working closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth running on the finance function and agreed targets are met. This role will also mean working with wider teams across the business to ensure that contractual targets are met.
This role is offering a competitive package which incorporates the following:
*Competitive basic salary
*25 days annual leave
Duties will include:
- Control the monthly management accounting processes, including necessary accruals and prepayments
- Work with Account Management/Strategic Sourcing team to define annual Target Costs and Target Savings by Service Period
- Manage and report monthly Actual Costs against Target Costs, meeting client format requirement and deadlines
- Manage and report monthly Actual Saving against Target Savings, meeting client format requirement and deadlines
- Continual liaison with client Savings Team to provide information on savings that allow for client validation
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
*Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
*Experience within the finance industry
*Part qualified or studying for the following; CIMA/ACCA/ACA
*High level of attention to detail
*Excellent communication skills
*Ability to work autonomously
About the company
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.
For further information about Foodbuy, please visit www.foodbuy.eu