We are looking for a General Manager to lead and develop winning teams of departmental managers and frontline teams to provide exceptional service to our clients and customers and deliver great results for ESS. Take responsibility for the delivery of all contracted services, particularly the successful management of the outputs of each of our strategic partners and sub-contractors. Promote the reputation of ESS and ensure that every opportunity is taken to improve service standards and levels of customer
- Monday to Friday - 40 Hours per week
- Salary: £24,480
- Free parking on site
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
- Manage client and contractual relationships effectively in a highly commercial manner ensuring compliance with company policies and ensuring that safety is placed at the forefront of all activities
- Drive foodservice and support solutions that exceed new and existing customer requirements and are built around a commitment to continuous improvement, a drive for greater efficiency and operational excellence
- Ensure that the site implements all relevant HSE procedures, including HACCP, Risk Assessments, accident and incident reporting and HSE training.
- Ensure that all appropriate HSE Information, instruction, training and supervision is provided to all employees to enable them to carry out their work safely and effectively
- Build enduring, productive and effective site level relationships with DIO and single service clients
- Review own unit contract performance, identify improvements and ensure contract compliance to exceed client and customer expectations
- Deliver budgeted profit for the site by leading departmental managers in delivery of their financial targets
- Ensure budgets are understood and that departmental managers are held to account for their performance, all in unit/above unit costs are continually analysed and managed and measures identified to deliver efficiencies
- Fully understand the delivery model for each of the activity streams operating within the site and continuously seek means for improvement to enhance customer satisfaction
- Proven experience in managing successful teams and operating in a highly commercial Soft FM environment
- Experience of leading and managing successful teams to deliver great results
- Track record of growing organic sales and retaining business
- Foodservice or similar Soft FM background
- Previous budget management and Profit & Loss account responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrate commercial awareness.
About the company
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.