Linen Porter - Bank Team [Private Healthcare]
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Housekeeping Team has become available at a number of prestigious private hospitals in Central London, including The Lister Hospital (SW1W 8RH). We are currently recruiting for a part time Linen Porter to help maintain the high standards of cleanliness and infection control at the facilities.
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK’s leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing a clean and hygienic environment.
This role is ideal for an individual with a caring nature and friendly attitude. Variety of shift patterns available - to be discussed at interview stage.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area.
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms.
- Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items.
- Make beds and fold terry.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items.
- Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order.
- Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances.
- Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Vacuum carpets and perform floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals.
- Awareness of high cleaning standards and be able to complete documentation on a daily basis.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude.
This position is subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including a Disclosure & Baring Service check (no cost to the applicant).
About the company
Why join Medirest Signature?
- Attractive core benefits ranging from retail discounts/cheap cinema tickets all the way up to savings on mortgages and utilities, for you and up to 5 additional family members or close friends.
- Guaranteed minimum hours – this is not a ‘0’ hour position
- Team activities available including festive parties and summer BBQs
- Optional Learning & Development and the chance to learn new skills at no cost. Opportunities range from Talent programmes that develop future supervisors and managers, all the way to nationally-recognised apprenticeship qualifications that could unlock the next chapter in your career
- Work-life balance – the majority of our positions are ‘daytime’ meaning no late nights and the majority of our business happens Monday-Friday
- The pride of contributing to the recovery and welfare of our patients