We currently have an opportunity for a Mess Manager to join the team at Royal Logistic Corps, based at Marchwood, Southampton. You will oversee and organise the running of the units and facilities.
- Monday to Friday - 37.5 Hours
- Salary: £25,000
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street store
As our Mess Manager, you will be responsible for the accommodation management, food & beverage provision, cleaning and housekeeping, function and events management. You will also hold full budget and accounting responsibility for this military mess.
Other duties include:
- Leading and developing the mess team
- Managing the mess budget
- Maintain a strong client relationship
- Taking responsibility for compliance requirements (HSE, people, finance, etc.)
- Management experience
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Computer literate
- Proven experience in hospitality sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a military environment (desirable)
About the company
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.