Buyer (Beers, Wine, Spirits)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join the Foodbuy business to develop and implement strategy across category to drive profit performance of Compass UK&I and Foodbuy Clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on the Beers, Wines and Spirits category, you will be involved in the daily contract listings, suppliers, management enquiries and ensuring vital information reaches the marketing team on time so that the campaigns can run on time.
This opportunity offers a competitive salary which includes the following:
- Competitive basic salary
- 25 days annual leave
- 10% off various high street retailers including travel
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic ideas to ensure profit and growth across category
- Rationalising both products and supply base, delivering value to the business
- Working with the operational teams to ensure enquiries are answered quickly and effectively
- Ensure the day to day management with suppliers and contract listings
- Work closely with the Category Managers to ensure each category has the appropriate buying strategy inplace to driver the business forwards
The ideal candidate will hold the following experience:
- Experience with a large company working with a large customer and knowledge based
- Highly organised and analytical eye for detail
- Knowledge in the Beers, Wines and Spirits category
- Clear understanding of category management
- Ability to build relationships with suppliers and competitors to give a clear market focus
- Educated to degree level
About the company
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.
For further information about Foodbuy, please visit www.foodbuy.eu