We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager to lead a team that supports high quality education by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff.
You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis - It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really love!
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- As Chef Manager you will manage a team of 7 to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service
- Responsible for managing the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Effective control of costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- Excellent craft skills
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader, with bags of enthusiasm
- Management experience within a similar environment
- Experience of management of catering services is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
About the company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.