Are you a talented and hard-working Head/Sous Chef looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your career and showcase your skills?
We are looking for an ambitious, passionate and driven Head/Sous Chef to join our growing kitchen team. You will work alongside our Executive Chef and lead from the front preparing, cooking and delivering food that meets and exceeds our guests’ expectations.
Elmore Court is an award-winning catered wedding and events venue with accommodation in Gloucestershire. Privately owned by the same family since the 13th Century and recently renovated and opened for events it is run by its current owner and has a strong sustainable ethos born of outdoor festivals, a love of great food, alternative music and good times!
The Head/Sous Chef will act as the joint second in command in our kitchen, following and enforcing our Executive Chef’s requirements and guidelines. Our ideal candidate is a creative professional who is willing to participate in creating delicious seasonal menus.
- Responsible for the day to day managing of the kitchen.
- Hands on with food preparation and the execution of events including client tastings.
- Manage themselves and others well in a calm manner.
- Work closely with the Executive chef, General manager and Event managers to help create fantastic experiences for our customers.
- Input into all areas of kitchen including GP %, menu design, daily recordings etc.
- Be incredibly diligent with food safety and have a good knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- Always be as positive and passionate as possible not only about the food we are producing but also about the whole event taking place at Elmore Court and impart knowledge on less experienced members of the team.
- Appropriate certificates and considerable experience in cooking for large volume events and also small individual tastings in a similarly high quality environment.
- Excellent and well referenced experience working at a high level.
- Possess a passion and knowledge for food.
- Be driven and focused on first class standards across every aspects of the operation
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Have excellent personal presentation and be consummately professional at all times.
- Be looking for a long-term challenge to expand the section and grow with the business.
- Applicable knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- Great interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Friendly attitude.
- Happy to work weekends.
The opportunity is exciting for the right candidate. We have bold ambitions starting in 2020 to use the land and estate surrounding the house for highly environmentally sound uses where increased biodiversity and food production go hand and in hand and additional hospitality and tourism will happen.
We are a tight and relatively small workforce with a strong team attitude and are looking for the right person who will fit in and be part of our future.
To apply for this role please click "Apply"