Are you a talented and hard-working Pastry Chef looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your career and showcase your skills?
We are looking for a great Chef to join our growing kitchen team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and driven Pastry Chef to build menus, share their knowledge and experience and of course make our guests super happy.
Elmore Court is an award-winning catered wedding and events venue with accommodation in Gloucestershire. Privately owned by the same family since the 13th Century and recently renovated and opened for events it is run by its current owner and has a strong sustainable ethos born of outdoor festivals, a love of great food, alternative music and good times!
We are looking for a creative Pastry Chef to be responsible for crafting delicious desserts and confectionery, designing seasonal menus, and developing new recipes for the pastry section of our kitchen. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers’ expectations.
- Create both innovative and classical dishes to a high standard of presentation as cost effectively and sustainably as possible.
- Fully responsible for the day to day managing of the pastry section, managing daily stock control area.
- Input into all areas of kitchen including GP %, menu design, EHO responsibilities etc.
- Be prepared to help with service and run smaller events in the Head Chefs absence if required.
- Always be as positive and passionate as possible not only about the food we are producing but also about the whole event taking place at Elmore Court and impart knowledge on less experienced members of the team.
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the Executive and Head/Sous Chef to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure excellent presentation.
- Meeting with customers to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, particularly weddings.
- Monitoring the stock of ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
- Keep abreast with the latest food and industry trends
- Appropriate certificates and considerable experience in the art of being a pastry chef for large volume events and also small individual tastings in a similarly high quality environment.
- Excellent and well referenced experience working at a high level.
- Possess a passion and knowledge for food .
- Be driven and focused on first class standards across every aspects of the operation
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Have excellent personal presentation and be consummately professional at all times.
- Be looking for a long-term challenge to expand the section and grow with the business.
- Applicable knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- Great interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Friendly attitude.
- Happy to work weekends.
The opportunity is exciting for the right candidate. We have bold ambitions starting in 2020 to use the land and estate surrounding the house for highly environmentally sound uses where increased biodiversity and food production go hand and in hand and additional hospitality and tourism will happen.
We are a tight and relatively small workforce with a strong team attitude and are looking for the right person who will fit in and be part of our future.
To apply for this role please click "Apply"