As a talented and experienced Assistant Manager at this prestigious Independent school you will be responsible for the overseeing all catering a 2 prep and 1 senior school.
- You will assist the General Manager in leading the team of c30 that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff.
- It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, well-cooked, nutritious food that pupils are interested in and look forward to eating.
- You will be a real people person with passion, energy, focus and determination. Someone that naturally enjoys exceeding expectations and takes pride in everything that you do.
- You will enjoy interacting with children and understand their age specific food requirements
- Lead and support company/school initiative that can help further enhance our food offer and service
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
- Salary Up to £26,500 dependant on experience
- 37.5 Hours per week – working 5 over 7 days
- Working 46 weeks per year
- Opportunity to opt into company pension scheme
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative food delivered with real passion and exceptional service.
We know as a company that great service comes from offering great food made from quality ingredients delivered with superior customer service. Our teams use fresh seasonal produce creating authentic, vibrant dishes that young people in our schools look forward too and enjoy. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.
The main responsibilities of the General Manager will be:
- Support the team to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service “do as I do manager and lead by example”
- Assist in the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements – HSE
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Passionate about food and catering service delivery
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader and very much a people person, with bags of enthusiasm and drive
- Management experience within a similar environment and knowledge of working within schools
- Experience at supervisory of catering service is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to offer excellent customer service
- A 'Can do' attitude
About the company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.