WHO WE ARE
The Jamie Oliver Group is the dynamic and diverse business that supports and delivers Jamie’s commercial and campaigning vision.
We have creative teams who work on Jamie’s award-winning books, TV and digital content; industry experts who develop Jamie’s range of kitchenware, food products and partnerships; a passionate restaurant team delivering amazing dining experiences for our international restaurants; plus the campaigns team who lead the way on Jamie’s ambitious goal to halve childhood obesity by 2030.
Every day is a bit different at the Jamie Oliver Group – we’re always keen to try new ideas, we love working together and with other people, and we have an ambitious plan to change the world for good, through food. We want to inspire individuals, businesses and governments to join us and make positive changes in the home, on the high street, at the workplace, in hospitals and in schools. We’re on a journey, but we’re trying to do the right thing.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented chef to join our kitchen at Jamie Oliver’s offices (Benwell House) in north London. Working with one other chef you will be responsible for preparing and serving lunches for our 120 or so staff, and also cooking for catered events.
You’ll be sharing the kitchen and working alongside our Development Chefs, who are responsible for developing all of our menus across our restaurant brands.
The kitchen is located in our fantastic open plan office space, and so you’ll be cooking in front of our staff. We’re therefore looking for someone who is comfortable working under pressure, and who would enjoy engaging with our friendly and food loving staff.
This is a permanent and full time position to start ASAP. You will work Monday to Friday, 7/7:30am
to 4/4:30pm, with the occasional out of hours support for catered events.
In this role you will:
● Together with one other chef you will be responsible for managing all aspects of Benwell House kitchen including; staff breakfast, the delivery of nutritious and delicious staff lunches and for providing top class catering for events.
● Come up with the weekly staff lunch menu in collaboration with the other chef; contributing and bringing to life creative ideas for food that are aligned with Jamie’s food ethos, nutritional values and within budget
● Prepare and serve food for catered events at Benwell House (including summer and Christmas staff parties, catered client meetings, filming shoots and events)
● Maintain high level of food standards, checking and maintaining records and ensuring food stored and prepared to a restaurant standard
● On occasion, provide Jamie and the Food Team with assistance, such as being an extra pair of hands on shoots
● Occasionally assist the Facilities team with ad-hoc duties, such as moving furniture or driving the food team vans
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
● Experienced chef de partie or preferably sous chef
● Background in contract catering, restaurant or hotel
● Experience cooking a variety of cuisines
● At least Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene. Level 3 would be an advantage, or you will need to be willing to take a level 3 when you join us
● Ability to cost menus and dishes and work within given budgets
● Good understanding of nutrition, seasonality and food waste
● Good communication skills
● Valid UK Driving License would be an advantage
● Fire training would be an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
● The opportunity to cook with only higher-welfare meat and good produce
● A friendly and supportive company culture in a creative and open plan office space
● Generous salary, bonus, pension, life insurance and medical cover
● Great holiday allowance, plus half a day for christmas shopping
● Social events, discounted gym membership, plus massage and nail appointments on site
● And LOTS more…
This role is a permanent position to start ASAP. Please submit a Cover Letter and CV to be considered for the role.
At Jamie Oliver, we want to create a genuinely inclusive workplace, where we embrace the differences of all our colleagues and celebrate diversity. We love to see applications from underrepresented groups and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.