Kitchen Administrator - Levy
We are currently looking for a dedicated Kitchen Administrator to provide efficient and effective support across all areas at one of our prestigious contracts at the Kia Oval in Kennington. You will be Carrying out all general administrative tasks and organising the day-to-day running of the Chefs office. Making sure all tasks are completed in line with company procedures and policies as well as assisting the team to deliver the highest culinary standards
- 12 month Contract
- Up to £25500 depending on experience
- Working Monday to Friday- 40 hours per week
Your daily responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assisting the chefs to accurately input the stock take & maintain the stock take system.
- Placing food orders & raise accurate purchase orders for both cricket & the conference & events business.
- Building recipe cards for both costing purposes & photo specs.
- Maintaining goods receipt file to ensure deliveries match purchase.
- Building chef planners in line with the required budget under the direction of the Executive Chef for both sides of the business.
- Book casual chef labour with support from the HR department.
- Liaise with Event coordinator & Cricket coordinator to ensure accurate client numbers are provided to the chef for efficient food production.
- Ensure menus are accurately typed up in the appropriate format as directed by the Executive Chef & prepare menu packs for the event day folders.
- Maintain the event orders board ensure all updates are captured
- Make sure all ISO paperwork is up to date & filled in correctly by the chefs.
- Carrying out all general administrative tasks & organise the day-to-day running of the Chefs office.
- Good working knowledge of basic food hygiene
- To provide, where applicable support to other team members within your location
- To ensure that clothing, including footwear and personal hygiene is always of the highest standards.
- To treat all staff, customers and clients in a polite and professional manner
- Essential that culinary staff work harmoniously together and take collective responsibility for the delivery of efficient service to all departments
- Need to have a good understanding of other areas of the business.
Match Day Operations:
- Provide a link between the finishing kitchens around the ground & the CPU to ensure efficient dispatch of food requirements.
- To effectively check in and allocate all match day Chefs and Kitchen Porters.
- To liaise with agency representatives to ensure accurate number of Kitchen staff booked are onsite and on time.
- To ensure match day event packs are collected and checked post-match and filed accurately.
The successful candidate will have the following experience / skills / qualities:
- At least 6 months similar experience gained in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- A passion for food and quality of service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate and confident in MS Excel; Word and Outlook.
- Great team player
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- A “can-do” attitude
- Venue knowledge and Events experience
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.