Food Hall Operations Manager-Excel
ExCel is the UK’s leading convention and exhibition centre. We cater for over 300 events per year, meeting a hugely diverse range of requirements. From a fine dining experience for thousands of delegates, to an on-the-go lunch for an exhibitor team, we operate on all scales with outstanding care in every service area. Our business is growing and we have added new and exciting possibilities every day through our partnership with our client, event organisers and exhibitors.
Onsite we have 2 new restaurants and refurbished and rebranded new ‘food to go’ offerings alongside delivering a great mix of retail ‘in-hall’ catering solutions.
We are now looking for a Food In-Hall Retail Operations Manager-Excel who is used to high volumes and working in fast paced environments, you will be supporting and overseeing our Retail offer. As the Food In-Hall Retail Operations Manager-Excel your focus will vary depending on the day and event and could therefore oversee our outlets or in hall offer which is bespoke to a client’s request. You will need to be enthusiastic and passionate, demonstrating strong attention to detail whilst also being innovative and able to offer ideas and solutions.
- Up to £30,000 depending on experience
- 5 out of 7 days yet flexibility is required
- Great opportunity for a passionate and motivated Retail professional
- Management of Retail team within ExCeL, Levy Restaurants venue, inspiring them to deliver exceptional service to our clients and guests
- Leadership of the Retail staff ensuring operational excellence, efficiency always aiming to exceed the client, guest expectations as well as delivering business objectives
- To review the concession business and performance, ensuring delivery of key financial targets and customer feedback targets of 90%
- To support the concessions team in continual development of the business using new products, service techniques and other efficiencies.
- To demonstrate full alignment to our Levy Restaurants vision and values by doing the right things and celebrating successes
- Responsible for all In Retail functions within ExCeL Exhibition Centre
- Must have strong retail high street knowledge/Experience in the market
- Multi - site experience
- Commercial business knowledge
- Experience in a demanding food environment
- Experience of working with a client group
- P&L understanding
- Ability to lead others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to influence and operate at all stakeholder level
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.