We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.Summary
A great opportunity has arisen in this high profile contract, which is home to the Lord Mayor of the City of London. Ideal candidate would be someone with traditional City and event experience but not essential. You will be tasked with helping us deliver outstanding service to high profile dignitaries and guests of numbers up to 400 for a traditional banquet.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Pastry Chef to join our passionate and focused team, who embody CH&Co’s passion for food providence, quality and fresh Ingredient.Main Responsibility
Responsible for assisting the Head Chef in preparation of all pastry foods. Maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen unit in accordance with company standards and statutory regulations.
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
- To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour
- To ensure through effective communication, that all unit employees are aware of desserts and correct price is charged
- To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold.
- Someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
- We are looking for someone who is willing to always push culinary boundaries
- Experience of developing pastry recipes and culinary techniques.
- Ideally have worked in a restaurant/hospitality/hotel kitchen.
- Minimum of two years' experience
*Please note that this is not a full-time role and hours will vary week to week depending on time of the year and number of events.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a successful DBS check
Please go on to our website www.chandcogroup.com to find out more about our cutting edge Company.
While we review every application, there may be times when we are not able to respond to each person individually. If you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been un-successful on this occasion. However, we encourage you to continue to review our website for future opportunities