General Manager - RA
We have a great opportunity for a General Manager to manage one of our prestigious contracts in London. As the General Manager you will drive excellence in the service and experience of the operation. You will Identify, motivate, train, develop and direct team members to deliver exceptional service and accomplish daily goals and targets that are set. Ensure that all teams are motivated, enthusiastic and feel supported and are able to accomplish any challenges that they face. This position also oversees the administrative and operational tasks, including financial management and analysis, sanitation and safety.
- Up to £40,000 depending on experience
- Monday-Friday (40 hours per week with some flexibility)
- Lots of scope to train, develop and progress with RA
The General Manager will focus on innovative hospitality and events in order to support operational excellence.
- You will design, manage and own the overall experience, not just the food offering
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the building i.e. senior execs and PAs
- Deliver on reduction of subsidy – improved GP, increase hospitality use
- Drive sales and innovation in the café.
- Present regular and concise reports for senior client.
- Achieve consistent 5-star food safety rating, 95% above CSC audit scores
- Understand and deliver all contractual terms
- Action plans are completed following client satisfaction surveys
- Promote the unit and act as a Compass Advocate at all time
- Trains and develops the management team and lead from the front
- Conduct all manager reviews, coaching sessions, and disciplinary actions in a professional and timely manner
- Monitor and manage all financial responsibilities
- Eye for detail and delivery to ensure all hospitality to the client is delivered at the correct standard and look to up sell to increase revenue
- Ensure all sector and Compass employee guidelines are implemented and adhered to
- Create a culture of Food and Workplace Safety
- Treat all customers with professionalism, care and respect.
- Respond to all comments and complaints within 24 hours and follows up with a written or verbal response with copies to the Head of Operations and our partner.
- Communicate with our partner honestly, accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure cafe teams work within budget while maintaining high standards
- Ensure that all café operations meet great expectations and standards.
- Oversee and contribute to the successful opening of all new Cafés.
- Meets all timelines for quarter and year-end reports given by our partner and Sector Employer
- Management experience within contract catering and managing a team.
- Have experience in food service multi-unit management experience is an advantage.
- You will have previous experience in managing a site with a turnover of £1 million and above.
- A proven ability to maximise budget, enhance user experience and creativity across all channels in alignment with business strategy
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Proven coaching and teaching skills with peers, individuals, and teams
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Computer literate
About the company
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility. At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple Bringing people together with brilliant food, brilliant service and brilliant associates'. Our inspirational food is alive with flavour and nutrition, sourced in a socially responsible manner for the well-being of our customers, communities and the environment and we match this with the excellent service of our brilliant associates.