A great opportunity to join our passionate Patient Dining team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting facilitating patients nutrition and hydration needs
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world-leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Assistant to start at RMBI Cornwallis Court in Bury St Edmunds. This position is for 25 hours weekly.
The successful candidate will be required to serve the residents their three meals per day, clean and relay tables between services and ensure general cleaning of the dining room is adhered to. No previous experience needed but advantageous. Uniforms provided, meals provided and training provided.
Responsible for the patient meal service in the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas during meal times with main duties to include:
- Preparing for Breakfast, lunch & dinner meals and refreshments and deliver direct to patients.
- Deliver menus and take orders from patients, giving help and advice where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements.
- Offer a hot beverage round during each service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for the next service
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offering great customer service by putting the patient first.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous Catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.