Looking for a new opportunity as a Ward Host/Hostess? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled ward Host/Hostess to join our inspirational team.
The successful Ward Host/Hostess will indulge in the following duties:
- To acknowledge all Patients in a polite and friendly manner as per the company standards.
- To acknowledge and act upon individual patient needs whilst observing cooking standards
- To deal with all Patients comments in a positive manner and take appropriate follow up action.
- To be knowledgeable of all our products, and to advise the Patient in a professional, helpful manner.
The successful Ward Host will be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous Catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
If our Ward Host/Hostess position is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.