Looking for a new opportunity as a Waste Supervisor? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Waste Supervisor to supervise of team members to ensure all general duties are completed to appropriate standards.
- £8.51 per hour. 40 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Waste Supervisor will undertake the following duties:
- Ensure all Health & Safety measures are adhered to
- Supervise and record the ingress/egress of all visitors to the recycling compound ensuring all Health & Safety procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Investigate and report all accidents and near misses.
- Demonstrate a can‐do attitude and strive to exceed customer expectations.
- To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues.
- Lead the waste and recycling team and ensure all daily tasks are completed to the required standard.
- Monitor hygiene standards throughout the recycling compound on a daily basis.
- Supervise the sorting of a wide variety of reusable waste material for recycling in accordance with established standards and procedures, assuring that contaminated or non-recyclable materials are separated from recyclable materials.
- Identify and distinguish recyclables (paper, glass, etc.) from non-recyclables (garbage, etc.). Includes sorting through materials on a sorting table to view and recognize type, and opening bags to inspect contents.
- Manage the reception and loading of incoming vehicles, bulkers, RoRos, skips, curtain siders and other vehicles within the recycling compound.
- Supervise the safe operation of tools, machinery and all equipment used within the recycling compound such as the cardboard baler, fork lift trucks, pallet trucks.
- Ensure that all records relating to the waste operations team are maintained in an orderly fashion in accordance with the Company procedures.
- To be the first point of contact for the Client or Building Controllers should any waste or recycling related issues arise.
If our Supervisor position is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.