A great opportunity to join our passionate Patient Dining team as a Supervisor on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting facilitating patients nutrition and hydration needs.
In this position you will need to be available to work 5 days over 7 and be available to work during the breakfast, lunch or supper service.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Looking for flexible Catering work? The Compass Group are able recruiting for a Ward Host Supervisor to join our team based atThe BMI Harbour Hospital in Poole. This role is based on 35 hours per week on a 5 out of 7day rota including occasional weekends. Shift patterns will be either 7am to 2:30pm, 10:30am to 6:00pmor 12:30pm to 8pm.
Responsible for the patient feeding across the hospital, this role will involve direct supervision of Ward Hosts/Hostess and liaising daily with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas with responsibilities including:
- To work alongside the Patient catering manager to ensure all team Leaders & Host/ Hostess are completing daily and weekly jobs.
- Responsible for the front line patient catering team within the hospital.
- To have a close working relationship with the clinical staff to ensure a quick response to all queries raised.
- To organize, oversee and develop Team Leaders & Ward Host/Hostess and look for new opportunities to improve the quality and standards of the service and constantly look for new opportunities to improve the service.
- Carry out return to work interviews for staff that have been absent in line with company policies
- Hold performance reviews with new starters and existing staff
- Undertake and record any training that is completed on all staff’s individual training cards
- To satisfy the needs of the patients whilst ensuring the Host/Hostess are achieving the service and product delivery standard.
- To plan, organize and control the Host/Hostess service operation to ensure that quality, presentation and service are provided to the standards required
- To review potential cost reductions and service improvements to the standards as required and discuss with the Service Manager.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business
- Previous experience not essential, however a passion for progression and willingness to learn is a must
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
- Strong IT skills is desirable
About the company
BMI is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.