Restaurant / F&B Manager
Links House 5-star luxury country house hotel located on the 1st tee at Royal Dornoch Golf Club (Ranked 5th in the World) in Sutherland, Scotland was opened in 2013. Offering 15 luxury rooms as well as a 30-cover restaurant.
Awarded SHA Luxury Town Hotel & Golf Hotel of the year in 2019, Links House is considered as one of the finest boutique offerings in the Highlands and UK.
The location in Dornoch, Scotland is extraordinarily beautiful with wonderful sporting, country life and many other small-town amenities.
Our award-winning restaurant offers exceptional Highland cuisine served with the finest, fresh local produce, seafood and game as well as possibly the finest wine list in the north of Scotland.
We have successfully expanded our overall strategies well beyond the traditional golf market towards full country sport activities (fishing, shooting, stalking, hiking, cycling and Health & Wellness) as well as the North Coast 500 car touring market.
2020 will see the introduction of a new concept within F&B. Through analysis of our guest segmentation, we will be delivering a more relaxed level of comfortable luxury. Allowing the finest of Scottish ingredients to speak for themselves, with minimal interruption and a knowledgeable & interactive service. Championing ‘brand’ Scotland.
Combined with this we will have a very exciting and busy F&B event schedule planned throughout 2020.
The hotel is open from April 1st through Hogmanay (New Year’s Eve).
Restaurant / F&B Manager
5-star luxury country house in Scottish Highlands
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced hospitality professional to join our unique team as Head of Department for our Restaurant & F&B. Working closely alongside our Head Chef, the successful candidate will sculpt and deliver the entire restaurant experience.
The appropriate candidate will have extensive F&B hospitality experience within 5-star establishments and a track record of successfully delivering concepts and events.
Core attributes to possess are:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotionally Intelligent
Teamwork and creativity are essential elements of our culture as well as a desire to work as an active member of a small team.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in running a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant or similar
- Staff & Guest Focussed
- Highest level of service standards
- Minimum 10 Years’ Experience in Hospitality
- International experience
- A confident leader
- Staff & guest focussed
- Understanding the requirement of SOPs & P&Ps
- Experience of delivering & maintaining them
- Tack record for success
- Developing FOH Teams - Training
- Successful conversion of promotional & marketing programmes
- WSET (Wine & Spirits Education Trust) Level 2 or above – or equivalent
- Passion & understanding of Wine & Bev
- Passion for F&B and delivering 5-Star guest satisfaction
- Highly proficient in back office systems; Microsoft office, Google Suites, F&B costing, stock control, supplier liaison, event conception & conversion
- Excellent time management skills
- Staff training & development
- Guest facing individual with charisma
- Passionate about Scotland
- Someone that wants to achieve our vision and dreams along with their own
- A dedicated Team Player
- Industry trend aware
- Willingness to meet any challenge
- Able to use initiative and take ownership of position
- Embrace our core values and mission statement
- Maturity and desire to relocate
- Someone that likes the outdoors
Compensation and Benefits
The position is a full-time salaried position. Salary levels will be highly competitive to similar positions in more urban markets. Given the seasonal nature of the business, the position experiences a heavy work load during season and enjoys 2-3 months paid vacation during the Winter closer.
- Opportunity to be part of something very special
- Be part of a unique team with huge ambitions
- Having the highlands on your doorstep
- Development opportunities
- Team building programme during the year
- Very Competitive remuneration package
- Subsidised Accommodation – off site
- Gym membership
2019 has as seen fabulous growth, not only within the business but within the development of the team. We are at an extremely exciting point in the history of Links House and the successful candidate will appreciate, not only a very comfortable and creative work environment but also access to some of the most beautiful parts of Scotland.
Job Title: HOD – Restaurant / F&B
Reports to: General Manager
General Job Outline:
To provide outstanding customer service and interaction to ensure an exceptional customer experience, and a full understanding of our guests’ needs within the F&B operation of the hotel. Leading and mentoring a dedicated team to achieve the vision and goals set out by senior management.
- Develop and deliver the finest quality customer experience in the North of Scotland consistent with Links House hotel reputation and standards.
- Lead Front of House staff recruitment
- Lead Front of House training and development
- Manage all aspects of manning budget consistent with company standards
- Assist in development and implementation of 2020 F&B Concept. Working closely with all departments to have the whole team fully briefed and totally engaged
- Implementation and structure of F&B SOP’s
- Training & development of F&B staff
- In close conjunction with the Head Chef, deliver exciting and creative menu designs consistent with the concept of the restaurant.
- Coordinate fully with Guest Relations staff of hotel for customer needs - Develop marketing strategies to attract non-resident dinners
- Develop thorough knowledge of seasonal aspects of Highland larder -Develop enticing off-season menu designs and creative offerings
- Manage all aspects of Wine and Spirits strategy
- Manage relationships with wine and spirits suppliers
- Coordinate wine and spirits strategy with culinary efforts of Head Chef
- Manage all aspects of wine and spirit purchasing and inventory controls
- Perform ongoing strategic assessment of restaurant quality and performance
- Manage monthly and weekly financial reporting
- Develop annual budget for restaurant
- Manage purchase and inventory of wet & dry stocks
- Coordinate social media strategy with marketing company
- Oversee and manage restaurant compliance of Health & Safety Policy
- Manage all aspects of compliance reporting and training
- Ensure team training and adherence to all aspects of alcohol service