Links House 5-star luxury country house hotel located on the 1st tee at Royal Dornoch Golf Club (Ranked 5th in the World) in Sutherland, Scotland was opened in 2013. Offering 15 luxury rooms as well as a 30-cover restaurant.
Awarded SHA Luxury Town Hotel & Golf Hotel of the year in 2019, Links House is considered as one of the finest boutique offerings in the Highlands and UK.
The location in Dornoch, Scotland is extraordinarily beautiful with wonderful sporting, country life and many other small-town amenities.
Our award-winning restaurant offers exceptional Highland cuisine served with the finest, fresh local produce, seafood and game as well as possibly the finest wine list in the north of Scotland.
We have successfully expanded our overall strategies well beyond the traditional golf market towards full country sport activities (fishing, shooting, stalking, hiking, cycling and health & wellness) as well as the North Coast 500 car touring market.
2020 will see the introduction of a new concept within F&B. Through analysis of our guest segmentation, we will be delivering a more relaxed level of comfortable luxury. Allowing the finest of Scottish ingredients to speak for themselves, with minimal interruption and a knowledgeable, interactive service. Championing ‘brand’ Scotland.
Combined with this we will have a very exciting and busy F&B event schedule planned throughout 2020.
The hotel is open from April 1st through Hogmanay (New Year’s Eve).
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced and innovative hospitality professional to join our unique team as Sous Chef. Working closely alongside our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager, the successful candidate will help sculpt and deliver the entire restaurant experience.
The appropriate candidate will have extensive F&B culinary experience within 5-star establishments and a track record of successfully delivering concepts and events.
Core attributes to possess are:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotionally Intelligent
Teamwork and creativity are essential elements of our culture as well as a desire to work as an active member of a small team.
- Experience in a 2 Rosette operation
- Boutique hotel
- Luxury Hotel Group
- Luxury Restaurant
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in hospitality
- International experience
- A confident leader for younger members of the team
- Support the Head Chef on a daily basis
- Willingness to learn and develop professionally & personally
- Track record for success
- Passionate about food
- Particularly Scottish produce
- Innovative & excited with/about food
- Proficient in kitchen management; stock control, administration, supplier liaison, staff management
- Staff training & development – Mentoring younger members of the team
- Guest facing individual with charisma
- Understanding of high-level restaurant service standards
- Understanding the importance of Hotel Standard Operating Procedures
- Passionate about Scotland
- Someone that wants to achieve our vision and dreams, along with their own
- A dedicated Team Player
- Industry trend aware
- Willingness to meet any challenge
- Able to use initiative and take ownership of position
- Embrace our core values and mission statement
- Maturity and desire to relocate
- Someone that likes the outdoors
Compensation and Benefits
The position is a full-time salaried position. Salary levels will be highly competitive to similar positions in more urban markets. Given the seasonal nature of the business, the position experiences a heavy work load during season and enjoys 2-3 months paid vacation during the Winter closer.
- Opportunity to be part of something very special
- Be part of a unique team with huge ambitions
- Having the highlands on your doorstep
- Development opportunities
- Team building programme during the year
- Very Competitive remuneration package
- Fully Subsidised Accommodation – off site
- Gym membership
2019 has as seen fabulous growth, not only within the business but within the development of the team. We are at an extremely exciting point in the history of Links House and the successful candidate will appreciate, not only a very comfortable and creative work environment but also access to some of the most beautiful parts of Scotland.
Job Title: Sous Chef
Reports to: Head Chef
General Job Outline:
To provide full support to our Head Chef with, innovative, exciting and progressive creations with Scotland’s finest larder. Adapting to current trends and guest segmentation requirements with menus to highlight provenance, luxury and the finest produce in the region. Leading and mentoring younger members of a dedicated brigade to achieve the vision and goals set out by the business.
- Develop and deliver the finest quality customer experience in the North of Scotland consistent with Links House hotel reputation and standards.
- Assist the Head Chef in Kitchen training and development
- Assist with managing staff roles & responsibilities within the Kitchen
- Assist in development and implementation of 2020 F&B Concept. Working closely with all departments to have the whole team fully briefed and totally engaged
- Assist in implementation and structure of KITCHEN / F&B SOP’s
- Assist in Menu & product, training & development of KITCHEN / F&B staff
- In close conjunction with the Head Chef & Restaurant Manager, deliver exciting and creative menu designs consistent with the concept of the restaurant.
- Coordinate fully with Guest Relations staff of hotel for customer needs
- Assist in developing marketing strategies to attract non-resident dinners
- Assist in developing thorough knowledge of seasonal aspects of Highland larder
- Assist in developing enticing off-season menu designs and creative offerings
- Support the Head Chef in all aspects of Culinary strategy
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local and national suppliers
- Support the coordination of food offering with Restaurant Managers’ wine & spirits programme
- Support all aspects of purchasing and inventory controls
- Support ongoing strategic assessment of kitchen & restaurant quality and performance
- Assist monthly and weekly financial reporting
- Support purchases and inventory
- Provide input to social media strategy with marketing company
- Support kitchen compliance of Health & Safety Policy
- Assist in aspects of compliance reporting and training
- Ensure team training and adherence to all aspects of food service and hygiene regulations and standards