FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
For the last 25 years, The Union Club in Soho has provided a unique and individual private members club experience for individuals from the arts, media, theatre, literary and music fraternity in London and beyond. It is intimate, familiar, organic. It is a family affair with close-knit staff and a ‘whole lotta love in the building’. That’s why the team have been together for so long and why our members come back, year after year.
It is located in a beautiful 280-year-old Soho town house in the heart of London's West End. A private members club and events space of unique character. What also sets the Club apart is the highest culinary standards in our food and beverage offer across our bars and restaurants and in our amazing events and meetings space.
The Union are now seeking a highly experienced, professional Food & Beverage Manager with a minimum 5 years senior food & beverage/hospitality management experience in a prestige club, hotel, conference environment leading large hospitality teams and delivering outstanding hospitality experiences and outstanding customer service.
- You must have been responsible for fine dining, and busy bar operations and high volume quality events and meetings and have led large, highly focused hospitality management and supervisory teams.
- You must be totally dedicated to the delivery of service excellence, the full engagement of high performing teams and customer service that exceeds all expectations.
- Experience within a private Club environment would be especially beneficial.
- You must have demonstrable experience in the preparation organisation and planning of all F&B and event services, EPOS and F&B stock control management systems
- You must have been responsible for staff recruitment and development
- Implemented quality accredited procedural standards that deliver consistently high levels of quality and service
- You must be able to produce and manage F&B budgets and demonstrate success in the growth of hospitality and event sales across all areas of the business
- Possess exceptional knowledge of high quality food services, menu planning and drinks service including fine wines
- Be fully conversant with all Food Safety, licensing, Health & Safety legislation and compliance
- You must possess all the necessary leadership qualities to succeed in the role and be highly effective at engaging and motivating all members of the team to perform at the highest level
Above all you must be able to adapt your management and leadership style to meet the needs of our Union Club members who are eclectic, quirky, sometimes eccentric, highly intelligent, artistic, professional individuals who are extremely discerning and require discreet, but exemplary service at all times. The individual must be courteous, knowledgeable and professional with humility and grace, yet be confident and passionate about the work they perform.
As Food and Beverage Manager you will work full time as required by the operation 40 hours per week. Whilst the services are mainly weekdays, you will be required to work 5 days from 7 including evening and weekend working. You will need to be flexible with the days and times you are able to work.
The Union are offering an outstanding package to the right candidate and the opportunity to play a major role in the further success of what is fast becoming the best private members club in Soho.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the position
If you are interested in this role and think that you are just what we need, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV along with a brief covering letter highlighting how you meet the person specification by clicking "Apply"
Apply for FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly