Deputy General Manager
We have an exciting new role for a Deputy General Manager to join our team at one of our prestigious contracts based in Maidstone, Kent. Spanning more than 900 years, the history of this prestigious venue is rich and varied and it is one of the most visited historic buildings in Britain.
We offer bespoke unforgettable setting for weddings, conferences and meetings as well as run a busy retail offer consisting of restaurants, food trucks, bars and kiosks. We are looking for an experience Deputy who is passionate about hospitality and catering to run this unique venue.
- £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
- 5 out of 7 - flexibility required
- Opportunity to work at one of the most beautiful historical venues
Main responsibilities to support GM and cover operational duties across the site
- Stock take spot checks for all areas
- Weekly HSE walk
- Review rotas for all departments within spend
- Track sales data and react- labour etc
- Attend weekly hospitality meetings
- Manage all Group Bookings and keep team up-to-date
- Walk site to ensure cleanliness and breakdown maintained
- Monitor all maintenance logs and chase outstanding
- Set individual monthly meetings with HOD’s to agree and monitor action plans
- lead on recruitment days and Induction days
- Plan operation for peak and low operational times
- Monitor customer feedback and ensure HOD’s are actioning
- Manage marketing plans and ensure HOD’s are actioning
- Review all labour plans for upcoming period and task
- Must have an excellent knowledge and experience of working within the Retail, Events and Hospitality industry
- Experienced in managing large events within venues
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Proven experience in running successful teams
- Excellent organisational skills
- Very flexible in regards to working hours
- Experience of leading and managing teams to deliver results
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and be able to multi- task
- Experience working with clients
- Understanding of P&L accounts
About the company
At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple - We believe that great food and excellent service has the power to transform business success.
At RA we offer a distinctive experience for our clients because of our Associates’ attention to the smallest detail, our relationships with the most talented consultant chefs and by sharing the very latest trends and ideas and we proudly boast the best chef, service, recipes and suppliers in the industry.
Our pillars are; brand, people, food, service with innovation underpinning everything we do in all areas of our business.
We are passionate about the power of great food and service on business and its ability to inspire, connect and empower people