Retail Merchandising Executive
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
We are looking for a Retail Merchandising Executive to develop our retail marketing across the catering outlets at Historic Royal Palaces. This is a new role that will involve working closely with the teams on site and with our head-office-based Marketing team. This is a hands on role, based across all outlets in the contract.
Overall Purpose of Job:
As Retail Merchandising Executive you will be responsible for working with the HRP operations teams in setting and maintaining up-to-date retail standards across the outlets, identifying opportunities to promote the business and products, working side by side with the onsite operational teams in order to increase sales and maintain a consistent retail offer on site. Work with the central marketing team to develop retail offers to attract new customers.
Reporting to Operations Director with a dotted line to Marketing Manager, London
Primary Responsibilities: -
• Use your in depth understanding of the HRP brand values and cause to develop retail merchandising standards across all outlets and palaces.
• Implement the retail standards and work with the on-site trainer to brief the teams on site. Maintain the standards through continual monitoring, audits and reviews.
• Ensure all retail and marketing activity meets the brand guidelines set out in conjunction with the clients.
• Lead customer engagement activity.
• Proactively develop relationships and the vision and strategy for increasing sales and awareness.
• Identify opportunities to grow sales through better merchandising, including working with the chefs team to develop new food offers that are consistent with business goals.
• Use sales mix data to review the retail offer and propose opportunites you have identified to the operations team. Lead all product launches.
• Continuously identify opportunities to increase effectiveness of the marketing materials by regularly reviewing competitor activity and current retail trends.
• Work with the central CH&CO marketing team to create and maintain effective seasonal marketing plans and campaigns.
• Review relevant webistes regularly to ensure offers, menus and promotions are up to date.
• Work with the Operations Director and Marketing Manager to develop marketing campaigns to match the client’s campaigns on site and promote engagement.
• Previous experience of maintaining retail standards across multiple outlets preferable.
• Strong influencing and time management skills.
• A keen eye for detail, highly accurate and strong communication skills.
• Commercially minded, desire to succeed and improve and agile in approach.
• Experience working in similar retail environment such as high street food outlet, supermarket or coffee shop.
The role of Retail Merchandising Executive is a brand-new position. This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation in such a key and exciting role.