We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
Salary/Hourly Rate: up to £27000 depending on experience
Working Pattern: Mon-Fri
Contract Type: Permanent
Day to day responsibility for the operation of the staff restaurant, deli and 2 coffee bars.
Responsible for the marketing and merchandising of all retail areas and for ensuring that the product on offer rivals the high street in terms of quality, innovation and value.
Customer service focused working alongside the front of house teams with a focus on responding promptly to customer and client
feedback and make amendments to the operation where required.
Responsible for CH&CO standards for quality, customer service and ensuring that food safety and health and safety requirements are met.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Food and service development
• Ensure that the Client expectations of food and food service are consistently delivered and measured and are in line with the CH&CO brand.
• To maintain an awareness of the current and future high street trends and update Client and colleagues accordingly.
• Set clear expectations to all staff regarding merchandising and service standards to ensure that all services provided are of the highest standards.
• Continual review of the service and offer provided in the site, providing feedback to the team and ensuring any necessary changes are incorporated into the service provision.
• Proactively make suggestions regarding innovation in food and food service to develop the business at the site.
• Managing customer’s expectations with regards to speed of service, quality of product and product availability.
• To be the first point of customer reference within the restaurant and coffee shops.
• To organise, promotions and events to drive participation in the retail areas.
• To analyse the cost and sales mix to deliver profitability on all lines and to make recommendations on pricing strategy to the General Manager and client.
•To identify and implement a strategy, in a timely manner, to overcome the shortfall on occasions when budget is not being achieved
• To understand and interpret the relevant financial control systems and use the information to measure performance and achieve all targets.
• To utilise information technology for sales and data analysis and forward planning
• To communicate daily targets, footfall and average transaction values to the teams
• To ensure income is maximised at the site through effective purchasing, marketing and revenue/waste control.
• To assist in preparing a monthly financial report with the General Manager detailing financial performance, activity and plans for the relevant site and outlining any necessary action that has been
Managing/developing a team
• To manage and motivate the team to increase sales and ensure efficiency in service.
• Ensure all staff carry out tasks in accordance with company health, hygiene, quality and safety standards as set out in the appropriate CH&CO manual.
• Provide effective performance management and appraisals to all Front of House staff in retail areas.
• Ensure induction, initial skills and on the job training is provided for all Front of House staff to ensure the service is delivered in line with client expectations and CH&CO standards.
• Monitor and manage staff turnover, absence, timekeeping, and sickness and provide the necessary information to the relevant department in CH&CO.
• Provide feedback to any member of staff ensuring that all team members are aware of CH&CO standards and requirements and carry out their jobs to the best of their ability in a timely and efficient
• Where necessary and supported by the Senior MAnagement and HR department conduct disciplinary/grievance interviews and provide the necessary follow through in line with CH&CO policies and procedures.
• To assist in recruitment and the managing of probation periods of new team members
• Using outputs from the performance management and appraisal process identify training needs and work with relevant parties in CH&CO to ensure these needs are met.
•To encourage and promote "one team" culture between department and utilise staff pool to the maximum potential by rotating members of staff between departments
Health & Safety
• To keep up to date with all COSHH and HACCP procedures and methods.
• Ensure all employees adhere to uniform standards.
• To report any equipment and/or building fabric faults and any hygiene, health and safety hazard to the relevant parties on site and in CH&CO.
• Take responsibility for personal development looking for opportunities to expand knowledge of industry trends in food and food service, leadership and management practices.
If you feel you have the above qualities and more, and you want to work within a forward thinking company whose passion for food, people development & excellent customer / client service is second to none - then we want to hear from you.