Sous Chef - City of London
1 day left
- Full Time
Sous Chef – Brasserie - City of London
Salary - Up to £30,000
40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Founded in New York 59 years ago, Restaurant Associates brings high quality employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK’s leading workplaces. We believe in the power of food and drink to bring people together, whether in a restaurant or speciality café, to inspire them to do great things at work.
Our food is crafted onsite by passionate people using the best ingredients and we know that a balanced, plant focused, natural, fresh and sustainable menu will increase the productivity of our customers and keep them motivated and happy whilst at work.
We provide amazing food, create inviting spaces, and develop engaging environments that inspire, motivate and unite our customers
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Brasserie Sous Chef to join one of our exciting contracts at one of the largest centres in the UK.
As a Brasserie Sous Chef, you will work in close collaboration with the Head Chef sharing responsibility for leading, supporting and developing your team.
You will be assisting the head chef with all areas of the kitchen including health and safety, wages, rotas and general managing of the team to ensure exceptional customer and food service.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate who has a passion for high volume, high quality catering and who has experience in driving success.
- The Sous Chef is primarily responsible for producing the food for Brasserie Restaurant
- Ordering & Receiving of stock
- General Supervision of the kitchen including HSE / FS
- Stock taking
- Deputise in the Head Chefs absence
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Brasserie experience gained in hotels, restaurants or a quality contract catering operation
- The ideal candidate is likely to be in same position already, however we will consider highly experienced CDP or Junior Sous Chef that can demonstrate his skills
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Intermediate Food Safety Certificate
- Adaptable & Flexible, can do attitude
- Front facing with the ability to engage with customers & clients
- A genuine interest in food and innovation
About the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food and support services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.