Catering Operations Manager - Newcastle
We have an exciting new position for an experienced Catering Operations Manager to oversee the daily operation of the 14 different units across the campus.
For the right candidate we offer a fantastic salary and package along with real career progression opportunities.
- Up to £30k dependent on experience
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
To organise and supervise the daily catering operation across 14 units, meeting the standards required by Compass and the client. To be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the units within the remit, to provide great quality food service and support services as required. Responsible for the management, development and training of around 14 team members. Ensure your contract is compliant and run commercially in line with net growth and retention targets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Food and Beverage management essential
- Hospitality and/or events experience, with demonstrated ability to lead teams to deliver results within this area
- Experience of working within brand guidelines to deliver results
- Experience in highly commercial and price sensitive markets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Track record of growing sales and retaining business
- Previous budget management and/or profit & loss responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior stakeholders
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness
- I.T & computer literate
About The Company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.