Chef de Partie
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
To assist in providing quality seasonal food in a contemporary style in line with the CH&CO brand whilst maintaining all standards of quality, food hygiene and health and safety. Working to achieve a budget and provide high standards of customer service. To work on a shift basis as required by the business.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• To prepare and, where necessary, serve all food to the highest standard and in line with the CH&CO style
• To develop and plan menus that are in line with client and customer expectations at the relevant CH&CO site
• To produce food in a timely fashion to ensure smooth service to the customers
• To ensure that all appropriate ingredients are available for the menus being prepared and where necessary identify shortages and instigate action to source ingredients
• To assist in developing and producing new service styles and food concepts
• To communicate with the relevant parties all requirements for planned menus and order necessary ingredients
• Assist in Planning menus and prepare food in order to minimise wastage
• Use equipment carefully to avoid breakage
• Assist in weekly and monthly stock-takes as directed
Health & Safety
• To understand and comply with CH&CO and statutory health, hygiene and safety, quality standards including COSHH and HACCP ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance these standards
• To ensure equipment and food temperature readings are taken and recorded on a daily basis
• To ensure all food is labelled, dated in fridges and freezers and all allergens listed
• Wear the correct uniform and safety shoes as directed and maintain uniform items appropriately.
• Report any equipment and/or building fabric faults and any hygiene, health and safety hazard to the Head Chef or General Manager.
• To maintain a professional and friendly image with the client and customers at the relevant site
• Work effectively with all colleagues at the relevant site to ensure excellent customer service
• Attend to customer needs in a polite and helpful manner providing assistance where necessary in line with the CH&CO style
• Be up to date with customer needs and tastes and communicate any ideas to the Head Chef/ Company Chef
• To attend training courses and attend CH&CO meetings when necessary
• To act as a resource to the General Manager, Exec Chef, Head Chef, Sous Chef or Company Chef and Food Development Director.